When and Where
Apr 10, 2023, 2:43 a.m.
Your driveway (adding to map is optional)
About the event
Community Yard Sale (on your driveways/garages):
- Register if you'd like to add your home address to the shareable map (your name and email will NOT be visible).
- Be sure to add signage on your street corners to direct buyers to your home.
1. You MUST live in the catchment areas of Chapel Hill North Community Association, Chapel Hill South Community Association, and Bradley Estates Community Association: Chapel Hill North, Chapel Hill South, Bradley Estates, Trailsedge.
2. You are liable for all activities or circumstances that arise as a result of the yard sale or items sold. The Community Associations are not liable for any activities or circumstances that arise as a result of the yard sales or items sold. The Community Associations will be responsible for advertising only.
3. The burden is on the seller to ensure that anything that is sold or on sale meets current Canadian Safety Standards and is legal to sell. This includes ensuring that items for sale or sold have not been recalled or are banned for sale in Canada. If you sell items that have been recalled or do not meet current safety standards you could be liable as a vendor should the item cause harm to the buyer. You can check your items by searching the product recall listing published by Health Canada.
Items that have been banned for sale in Canada since you purchased them can include the following (see here for full list):
- Baby walkers
- Self-feeding devices for infants
- Lawn darts with sharp tips
- Plastic baby bottles containing BPA (bisphenol A)